The Importance of Facilitating an Asbestos Survey in This Day and Age
Asbestos used to represent an international crisis of sorts, but it’s important to note that it is still relatively widespread and oddly prevalent:
- Contrary to popular belief, asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate mineral, and it is still mined all over the world. More than two million tonnes of asbestos were mined during the past year alone.
- Across the globe, a person dies from asbestos exposure once every five hours.
- The British Lung Foundation estimates that more than 2,200 people are diagnosed with asbestos-induced mesothelioma every year.
- If today’s businesses continue to obscure our unremitting asbestos issue, more than 100,000 UK citizens will die by the year 2050.
As you might imagine by now, it’s in your best interest to schedule a professional asbestos survey as soon as possible, particularly if you’ve never given this harrowing concept a second thought. So if you’d like to learn more about asbestos surveys and removals in Kent, for instance, this brief article represents the perfect starting point.
What Happens During a Typical Survey?
If you partner with a reputable removal organisation, your team of professionals will facilitate the following tasks:
- Collect samples of potential asbestos deposits
- Conduct intricate analyses to confirm the presence of harmful materials
- Establish viable quarantines and confinements to protect onsite personnel
- Provide a comprehensive quotation for the full cost of a top-to-bottom asbestos removal
After ascertaining the full scope of your asbestos issue, your removal partner will utilise a wide range of contemporary tactics and tools to safely eradicate the problem from your premises.
Which Areas Can Be Covered?
Your team of expert technicians will follow all current regulations and municipal guidelines to exterminate the presence of asbestos in a highly effective manner:
- Soffits and fascias
- Floor tiles
- Artex ceilings and walls
- Water tanks
- And any other affected areas
Best of all, these organisations specialise in facilitating the entire removal process in an expedited fashion, which means that you won’t have to deal with any costly slowdowns or lost profits during the undertaking.
This is why it makes perfect sense to reach out to a trustworthy local asbestos specialist as soon as possible – you’ll be able to avoid potential litigation and ensure a safe environment for anyone that steps foot on your premises.