5 Effective Ways to Green Clean Your Upholstery
Upholstery Cleaning in Grand Prairie can be tricky but very important in making sure that you use your furniture as long as you can, to save on resources. Upholstered furniture and couches are mostly synthetic, and dealing with small stains and spots should be relatively easy, but should be treated as soon as possible. You might consider spraying it with chemicals before vacuuming, but it might set harmful chemicals which you can ingest later. Consider cleaning without using chemicals to protect you, your family, and the environment.
Vacuum or brush off cushions once a week, so dirt will not settle in. When a spot occurs, or you require deeper cleaning, you can do the following:
- Hydrogen Peroxide. For red wine spills, hydrogen peroxide does the trick. Blot up as much as you can using paper towels. Mix a tablespoon of eco-friendly dish soap in a cup of hydrogen peroxide. Apply the mixture on the stain, following up with a dry towel to soak it up. This works on carpets, too. You might need carpet repair in Grand Prairie if the stain has been there for a while, though.
- White Vinegar. You can use this to wipe your upholstery regularly. Wet a rag with white vinegar, make sure excess vinegar is removed by wringing and then wipe your furniture down. After doing this several times you will notice a very fresh smell on your upholstery, in addition to removing a lot of dirt.
- Egg Yolk. For coffee stains, ekoserve suggests mixing an egg yolk with lukewarm water before rubbing on the spot.
- Lemon Juice or Club Soda. Works great on spot cleanings as well. Be sure to test first on a hidden part of your upholstery to ensure it does not damage or discolor the material.
- Whipped Detergent. You can use this on any type of stain. Fill a container with half eco-friendly dish detergent then put half water. Use a hand mixer to whip it up. You can also use a blender if you want. Once frothy, you can use a rag to rub the froth on the stain and then rinse with water. You can use a fan as well to help it dry faster.
However, if the stains are on a family heirloom, a really expensive antique, or just a stubborn one that does not go no matter what you use, then it is time to hire professional upholstery cleaning in Grand Prairie. ekoserve cleans your upholstery without harsh chemicals. They also provide carpet repairs in Grand Prairie that use the most effective green solutions and products. They have their own line of Green Carpet Cleaning solutions that remove stains without the use of chemicals and detergents.
Hiring professional upholstery cleaning in Grand Prairie can provide a deeper cleaning than you can do yourself. If they use non-toxic, hypoallergenic, and biodegradable materials, safe for your children, pets, and plants, and materials that do not emit carbon dioxide into the environment, then you can be sure that your furniture will be clean without harming the ones you love and your surroundings.